Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm too sleepy!

Yesterday was a whirlwind of emotions for me! I had a parent/teacher meeting early in the day for Justin and it was unexpected the things that were told to me. That was NOT the Justin I knew, so it took me a little bit to process things. Once everything sank in, I was so sad and frustrated. Justin needs to change his attitude today or else! Joseph and I will hear no more things like that again from his teachers. I would go into it, but I am just way to sleepy!

I asked if Joseph was getting a lunch, and he was not. He was incredibly busy yesterday and did not even get home until after 6:30. So I texted Hilary and asked is she and Paul were doing anything, or if she had plans with anyone else. She was free and I bolted to her house. She was still getting ready when I let myself in. I texted her to say I was sitting on her couch, and not to be scared, but what she texted back was way more important! She said it was good to know so she did not come out there naked! Yes, that would be a better reason!!! hehe. We just hung around her house and watched some comedy things to make us laugh. It helped a lot, and I appreciate her so much. She is a great friend and I am lucky to have her friendship!

After, I picked up the kids. It was really windy and so I thought it would be nice to pick them up. School gets out at 3:45 for the next month because of the ice storm that came in. They added 30 minutes to their schedule until April 1rst. It is nice for Mommy because I get 30 more play minutes! hehe. OOOooooooooOOoooo!!!! The kids felt it though and were pretty tired. On our way home I stopped and FINALLY knocked on this person's door to ask them if they were getting rid of this planter thing they had. She was happy to hear someone wanted it, and helped put it in the car. Her friend/neighbor was passing by and jumped out to help as well. They were really nice ladies and it was fun to chat with them. One asked for my number because they like to craft as well, and got my info just in case. I said my thanks and got the kids home so they could get their homework done.

I had made Mexicali chicken in the crockpot so dinner was easy. I made some Spanish rice grabbed the cheese and sour cream, then chopped some onions. I made them into burritos since I still had tortillas to use up. It was pretty yummy! There was a lot left over but I got caught up in the evening and left it all out! Whoops! After dinner is was already 8pm, so the kids got ready for bed. Savannah and Aaron went to bed, but Justin stayed up to have a chat with us. It was not fun, and heartbreaking at times, but I hope and pray that this is a step forward for him and he starts acting a lot better than he has been... only time will tell!

Joseph and I headed to bed around 9:30, since he was beat. Poor guy. It is so hard right now when we need him. The Army likes to horde his time 24-7 and when we need some time too, it is almost a guilty feeling that I have. It is not fair on so many levels.. He did not get a break at all yesterday. From 6am to 9:30pm-- no break or time out for himself. It is not like that all of the time, but I feel really bad when it does happen. Anyway, I could go on and on about this... so I will leave it at that.

We both fell asleep pretty quick, but I woke around 3 am with a sour tummy. I got up and took some tums and after 45 minutes it sort of went away. I crawled into bed at 4, and went right to sleep. My 7am alarm came too quickly, and I tried to fight it, but I have to get the kids up and moving, so I was up. I am very sleepy sitting here, and I will be like this all day. I need to keep moving around or I will fall asleep. Today may not be a good day for me, but I will certainly try to make it a good one! It is after all, craft day! hehe.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on with Justin. I really do hope and pray that the talk you had with him will open his eyes and help :) Love you guys, call whenever you need me!!