Thursday, April 14, 2011

Alright Hilary, thanks for the "shout-out"

Ya, Ya, Ya...... I know it has been a L-O-N-G time since I wrote on here. But at the DEMANDING nudge from Hilary on her blog I am posting today! hehe. Not too sure what has all happened since I last wrote... I guess that means I should write more so I know what is going on in my own life! hehe. To start off with, Hilary so *nicely* asked if I could post the recipe for the Mexicali chicken I made yesterday. It turned out really yummy this time.

Mexicali Chicken


3 good sized chicken breasts (depending on the size of your family/friends you can add more or less)
2 containers of Salsa (I use Rojo's fresh cut restaurant style)
1 can of corn 1 can of black beans
1-2 cans of chopped green chilies
2 packets of taco seasoning


 Pour one container of salsa into the bottom of the crock pot and spread evenly. Next put the chicken breast on top of that layer. Pour in corn, beans, chilies and 2nd container of salsa on top of chicken breast. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. I usually start it around 9 or 10 in the morning for a 6pm dinner. When cooked, shred chicken. (it will be tender and fall apart easy for you) pour in the 2 packets of taco seasoning adding 1 packet full of water if desired. Stir. Serve over rice, tortilla chips or in a tortilla like a burrito.

 It is pretty good all by itself, but I do like to put some shredded cheese on it with sour cream. And yesterday I had some with Hilary's super yummy guac!

Well, it is time for me to start my day. I will do my best to sit down tonight and keep you all up to speed on what is happening over here!

***Melissa, I do have your box ALMOST ready to ship. I am sorry it has taken so long. I hope to have it out by the beginning of next week at the latest! So if there is anything else you need from the states you can't get there, let me know and I'll run out this weekend and pick it up!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks Teri!! You're so sweet to make that for me!! If you could find some Root Beer Extract and my super awesome Suave Hair gel, that would be totally wicked! http://www.suave.com/hair-care/suave%C2%AE-styling

The 3rd one, Max Hold Scultping gel :D Love ya!