Thursday, September 17, 2009

You got to Move-it, Move-it!

Thank you Melissa for the great advice the other night!

I have been looking at things differently in the last 2 days. I was sort of getting down on myself, and felt so overwhelmed! I got it off my chest, got some much needed advice and picked myself up the next morning and took off! It was slow going as I had class in the morning and it sort of hindered my energy, so I did very little, more than normal, but not enough.

Today however, I have been a busy little bee and got tons done! I am not done yet, and sort of sad that the day is winding down and I have to do other things like make dinner, bathe the kids, and put them to bed, but HOPEFULLY I will get back to my stuff!

Yesterday I went out and bought a protein powder mix to replace my dinners and breakfasts. I hope this will help with my diet, because to tell the truth, I am out of control with bad eating habits. It has become so easy to say "lets pick something up for dinner" rather than cook it myself. (not to mention it costs a fortune to do that!! and I would rather spend money on something else than fast food!) I haven't tried it yet, I will tonight though, it is my dinner! I am nervous about the taste but more nervous if it will keep me full so I don't eat a snack right before bed. (another bad habit)

This month is flying by, and before I know it Joseph will be home and then not. :( I have classes all next week except Friday to keep me busy. Not to mention my college classes! This block is Sociology and Philosophy! Oye! A lot of brain power going into these 2 for sure!!!

I started a new chores/rewards system with the kids. So far things are going smooth. We will see how long it lasts! I think I picked some good rewards to keep them motivated like a night out alone with mom or dad... $$$, and computer time (which is REALLY big for them right about now.)

Well, this was therapeutic! I may have to come back to blog more often about the day!!! Off to continue my chores while this energy lasts!

3 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

You are awesome Teri!! Love you guys and miss you a ton!! Good luck with the protein drinks and not eating out! Eating out is just so easy, something we have done that might help you is making a weekly meal schedule!! Then I know what we are having and can prep it in the morning!! It makes thing so nice!! Miss you and love you a ton!! Tell the kids hello!!

The Tanner Family said...

Wow those are doozy classes. Why are you taking them together..seems kind of rough. I think you are doing great. I hope the taste of the protein shake wasn't too bad. I use syntha 6 vanilla ice cream. It is so yummy. I actually could get into trouble with it. lol I would like to know the reward system you chose! take care

Melissa said...

Dang Teri, you're going to make me cry! I'm glad I could help :) I've tried Slim Fast, not the protein kind, but I actually like it! If you try that, go for the powder, not the cans, yuck! Don't forget to add some fruits in there too, blueberries are crazy good for you! You could even mix them up with skim milk, the protein stuff and make a smoothie...yum! Anyway, I'm glad you're riding high on your energy and getting things done! Just like Arlee, we do a two week menu too. Then you KNOW you have the stuff to make dinner! Don't forget to be forgiving of yourself too. If you deny yourself too much, then you just might find yourself going CRAZY! Call me anytime!