Sunday, September 6, 2009

And the count-down begins.....

So, last night at 11pm we dropped off the Man of the house at work. He is at NTC for training, and will be back in about 4 weeks... Then we get about a month with him before he is in that big sandbox in the east.

So far things are ok. The kids seem to be ok for now.. Dad has been here and gone a lot lately, so I am hoping that when the big day arrives, they are troopers and will take it better than I expect.

I do have a headache though today. I did not get much sleep last night as you can imagine, and I have had about 1/2 liter of Dr. Pepper and I am sure I will polish it off before bed tonight, or it will be gone by tomorrow afternoon! No sleep and caffeine are a fun combination! Also, I was re-arranging furniture all day... Don't worry, Joseph knows.. it was planned! My forearms are killing me though! I guess I was using muscles I haven't used EVER before. I can hardly lift anything anymore.. looks like I will clean up my mess another day. I would say tomorrow, but I have to be realistic!

I think I am going to take a sewing class on post if they offer one. I have been wanting to learn to sew for YEARS and tried to teach myself, I even have sewing machine, but I do not know how to use it very well. I would like to add that to my hobby list! That could keep me busy during deployment and productive so I am not sitting around doing nothing.

Well, it is time to go relax, I hope. I have so much to get done around the house I feel overwhelmed. It is time to clean things out and re-organize but it is so much, I just do not know where to begin... Someone needs to come and help me!

It is 6pm, I think I will put the kids to bed at 7 tonight and have some quiet, or maybe I can pass out too! TTYL

3 comments:

Melissa said...

NO! Not Dr. Pepper! Teri, you can't do that to yourself, it's just going to make you feel worse! I'm sorry Joseph is gone again, I can't believe he'll be gone a month and then leaves in November. I know they have to be ready, and training is good and all....It's just hard to see that you're alone now. I can't imagine you doing all of that in your living room alone, that furniture is heavy!! Good luck! Call me sometime if you need to talk.

The Hardy Things in Life said...

OH Man, Dr. Pepper is the BEST!! I Love that stuff! Wow so he is gone, and crazy he will be home for such a short time and then gone again! You are a strong women!! Hope things go well, and a sewing class!! You should totally do it! I just love sewing, it helps me to relax!! Tell the kids we said HELLO!! Love you guys!!

Shiloah Baker said...

You can do this, Teri! I'm here for you if you ever need to vent. It's no fun, but there is so much you can do to strengthen yourself and make the time pass quickly. I made some huge goals while Ben was deployed 15 months and accomplished all of them because I had plenty of time to do it. :) Here is a list the sisters in the Fort Bragg ward gave me when Ben left. It was so helpful in getting us all through it.

Making the Most of Being Apart