Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is it a Big Boat or a Little Boat??

We all know that kids will say the funniest, darnedest little things and it makes your eyebrow rise and thoughts roam.... Today was one of those days for me. We are in the potty training stage of the adventure with a toddler, and as I have been through this before with two other kids, I think this moment will stand out among any other bathroom day.

Aaron does not really like to poo in the potty. He will run around a corner for a couple seconds, do his business, then return and tell me that he pooped his underwear... So I ask him every morning around 10 (that is his pre-set 'poo' time) if he has to use the potty. Today was a good day, and he said yes! So off to the bathroom we go. I help him get up on the potty and get him situated, then I tell him to get his poopy out and I walk away, to give him his moment..

As I was walking away, Aaron said, "wait mommy.. stay right there". I told him I would be right back and did what I needed to do, then came to the door. I asked him if he was ok, and he said yes, and then he looked up at me, and said, "here comes the boat"...

2 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

That is too funny! I love it!! So he went poop in the toilet then?? I can't believe he is that big already!! Love it!

Melissa said...

EWW! I saw the title I thought maybe it was a conversation about your fun upcoming cruise...I feel tricked! That is hilarious though, good job Aaron!!!