Tuesday, February 17, 2009

911 Emergency

Tonight we had a monthly FRG meeting. This is where the families of the soldiers get together and get information and all that jazz. The meeting was short and sweet, and I tried to make it not boring. It lasted about 45 minutes then everyone bolted to the door. I was cleaning up talking to a couple of people when all of a sudden Justin said, "I talked to someone on the phone!" I thought what phone, and there was Aaron talking on a phone that was on the floor. I prayed it was not plugged in, but as I got closer, yep the darn thing was. I looked at Justin and asked him who he talked to on the phone, and he simply replied, "I called 911 and talked to a real person!" I was MORTIFIED!!!!!! He thought it was all fun until the phone RANG!!!! I made the commander pick it up, and I heard him say, "yes there are kids in here, I am sorry for the calls made." CALLS MADE???!!!! Justin had called 911, 3 times while I was cleaning up. OMG!

You could tell that he knew that calling 911 was not a good thing, yet he smiled like it was a joke!! We got home and he got to go to bed. How embarrassing, but I am glad the commander picked up the phone! I am so grateful we do not have house phones, only cell phones. What a little booger he is.


Update:
We are better! YEAH! Joseph took the last of his meds last weekend he had the beginning stages of pneumonia, but we are well, and pretty much back to normal. I am SO HAPPY! It was rough for a while there. I have much to catch up on with pictures and stories. I thought you would enjoy the latest "Justin-fun".
I am going to be "spring cleaning" the next couple weeks to get rid of stuff we just do not need, or haven't used in a LONG while. I have been noticing we have a lot of little things all over the place with no place to go but cluttered in the corner. There has to be a better way of storing things in a neat manner. I enjoy the de-cluttering. It is soothing to me, weird... Thanks for that Mom, you clean freak! That rubbed off on me a little. I guess that is not a bad thing though.

7 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Oh My Goodness, I hate to laugh but it is pretty funny! But then again I would have been the same way you were if that was my kid! I am glad you are all feeling better!! Give the kids hugs and kisses from us! Love you guys!

Melissa said...

Haha! I have to agree with Arlee there, that's pretty hilarious, when it's not your own kid of course :) Joseph almost had pneumonia, yikes! I'm so glad you guys are ok now! Oh, and thanks for linking mine and Tyler's blogs! If I can figure out how to do that on mine, I will!

Robin said...

I had to laugh at what Justin did. It reminds me of some of the things Cody has done.

Glad ya'll are feeling better. Was this your first meeting as FRG leader? I had my first official meeting in Jan just after the guys left for deployment. I was so nervous, but it went well!

TJ said...

Arlee,
Thanks! lol I know it is funny, and I am glad I can laugh at it. Love you guys!

TJ said...

Melissa,
:) Justin will do more things that make everyone laugh I am sure...

Yes, Joseph had pneumonia. It was beginning stages. Remember the last time he had it, he broke his rib! He got on meds asap, and is fine now. Love ya!

TJ said...

Hi Robin!

OMG, Justin reminds me of little Cody so much! Good times!

It was my second FRG meeting, but my first as the Leader. I just got it a couple weeks ago cause the 1sgt wife declined. It has been keeping me ultra busy and stressed! :)

Hey, I know you have a blog but for some reason I dont know where it is at. Link it to me when you get a chance. Take care!

TJ said...

Nevermind Robin. I have yours, you just havent written on there in a while. :)