Friday, July 15, 2011

I LOVE to surprise them like this

So, I got called as Secretary for Relief Society. I am excited, and nervous! I was released from the enrichment committee, so I have 2 callings instead of 3! They are going to keep me pretty busy I think. I need to time manage really well, because I was talking to Rhonda S. from church and she was just called as the Scout Master (or leader) of the 8-11 yr olds. Justin has to get a bunch of stuff done for his wolf by his birthday in December and we need to work on a lot of it from home. Savannah will be in YW in January and she has personal progress that needs to get done as well! Good times, but busy I think. Not to mention I am trying to manage my families in the unit! hehe. Anyone out there with a good time management organization skill, please let me know what I can do to get on a good schedule!

Lately we have just been hanging out at home. We are trying to save some money for our trip to Idaho in just a few weeks. We are doing.... Okay. We could be doing better (or *I* could be doing better) but I also could be doing worse.

Monday was Joseph and my 13th wedding anniversary. He took half the day off and we saw the new Transformer movie. It is nice to go out with just him and I. We are enjoying some of our new freedoms! After that we came home and watched some movies we got at the PX. Joseph was called to give a blessing to a lady from church and he changed and went to the hospital. He didn't get back until about 12:30am and we went to bed.

Yesterday I cleaned like crazy. There is so much dirt that gets into the house, it needs a good clean a couple times a month. It has been about 2-3 months since I cleaned that deep, and it showed! I spent the day scrubbing and scrubbing. I finished at 5, took a shower and made dinner. As soon as dinner was done and cleaned up, it was time to take Savannah over to play with some friends. I was pooped from my day and when I got home from picking up Savannah I was done! Today I have a headache and some body aches from working hard. I know the headache is from all the dirt and dust I was cleaning up.

Now it is Friday. Today my Mom and Step-Dad are here. They flew in late last night and will be here sometime this morning. I do not know what we will be doing today since Joseph has to work and we won't go far.. but I am super excited they are here. Tomorrow is our trip to Carlsbad Caverns. We went a few years ago, when the kids were smaller and just after we moved here. So it'll be cool to go back! We did not stay to see the bats fly out of the cave, so maybe we will see it this time?!? Oh! Also, the kids do not know their Papa and Gramma are here! I LOVE to surprise them like this. 1) because they get a huge reaction and makes me smile and 2) by them NOT knowing I am not hearing "is it time yet" 100x a day! Like for instance, we are heading to Idaho in a couple weeks and every day someone is asking if we are leaving soon... lol. So it is good to keep secrets like this from them!

Well, I will post pictures and whatnot after this weekend. Hope you all have a fun safe one!

No comments: