Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Awards, Finals and School... Oh My!

We have had a busy couple weeks! First, Joseph was nominated for an award, which was very nice. However, Joseph found out that it was not simply a nomination, but he had a give his military biography, write an essay, get a sponsor and go to the board!!! (the board is a couple people that ask you questions) So, needless to say he was stressed out for a little while with this going on. The board was last week, and guess what?!!? He won!!! I knew that he was going to do well. He is an obvious choice when it comes to military awards and promotions... (I may be bias, but he is an awesome soldier!)
After that, it was my final week in my second block of classes, so I had two finals to turn in. I was not nearly as stressed out with them as I was the first block!!! I am still waiting on my grades, but I am confident that I did well. Monday (yesterday) I started my third block of classes. I am finally taking my core classes for psychology. That class has already started off with lots of information and lots of things to think about. My other class is research writing... and it is scary. I am sure there is going to be a ton of reading involved and lots of, well, research.
The kids are all registered and we got all the school supplies ready and waiting by the door. Savannah is excited that she is in the third grade. She is looking forward to finding out what friends she had last year, will be in her class this year. Justin is super excited about school. He asks about once a day when he will get to go. He has been super cute this last week as we get closer to the first day of school. He has a lot to learn when he gets there, but I think the transition will be easier than I am anticipating. Aaron is oblivious to anything outside his world, but I know that when he realizes that Justin will be gone all day, he is going to want to go to school with big brother.
Joseph will be re-enlisting (indefinitely... yikes!) tomorrow morning. He wanted to make sure he re-enlisted while his Lt. was still around and all his soldiers. I cannot believe that in September he will have 13 years in the Army. It is amazing how fast that time has flown by. I am so proud of him and his accomplishments with his military career. I feel honored that I am a part of his life and can experience all of this with him. He is such a wonderful man, soldier, father, friend and husband. I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

The Tanner Family said...

It is scary to turn in those finals. I just did that as well. I have started my 4th block of classes. Crazy! It is a hard balace of home and school. Congrats to Joseph. That is awesome. Tell him good job. Robert is indef now! It is kinda scary, but it's arlight, I knew he was a lifer anyway!